Welcome to the new FIRST Illinois Website!
It's important to be subscribed to this list if you are planning to Coach FIRST LEGO League Challenge in Illinois. We will be sharing important season related information, deadlines, and any changes through this list. It is suggested all coaches of each team join.
Did you miss an email? Trying to find something we mentioned a few weeks ago? Look no further. Here is our Coach email list archive:
TeamUp App: Does your team need an extra student? Do you know a student who wants to join a team? We have a new tool to help individuals find each other to form a team! It is called TeamUP and it is being launched for the first time this month. If your robotics team would like to mentor another team this season, please consider adding your team to TeamUp. You will be able to find teams in search of mentoring this season.
Try it out here: http://teamup.gravellellc.com/ Registration is required, but it is free.
Starting an FLL Team: https://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/fll/start-a-team
Participation Rules: https://firstinspiresst01.blob.core.windows.net/first-forward/fll-challenge/fll-challenge-participation-rules.pdf
FLL Challenge: https://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/fll/challenge-and-season-info
FLL Team Management Resources: https://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library/fll/team-management-resources
Each team needs to complete a signed Consent Release form for each student, coach and volunteer attending. The National consent is the only consent needed this season. NO EXCEPTIONS – Participation is contingent on having a completed consent form before the opening ceremonies for each individual.
FIRST Inspires National program (parents/guardians register themselves and then sign digital consent for their child)
Coaches are responsible for ensuring all consents are complete for the students on their team.
Do we still have to collect 2 consents for each participant, including coaches?
⚠️ No, this season only the National consent is required for each participant.
Paper consent forms can be turned in during morning check-in/ team registration for any participant not included in the online consent report, if necessary. If you have collected paper consent forms, please place them inside a manila envelope or folder with your National Team Number on the outside only. DO NOT PRINT DIGITAL/ONLINE CONSENT FORMS> this creates extra work and it is unnecessary. Showing (not collected) a printed screen capture of signed consents list or the Coach verbally confirming all consents were completed online will be adequate. Ultimately, the Coaches are responsible for ensuring all consents are completed before student participation in the Qualifier. Teams not in compliance can be reprimanded up to and including loss of participation in the event, awards or advancements.
Coaches Must Be Screened
Each team must have 2 FIRST screened coaches.
* Screening is done through each individual’s account at www.firstinspires.org If you need assistance with this step, please contact FIRST directly at
(603) 666-3906 or (800) 871-8326
Monday - Friday, 8:30 - 5:00 EST/EDT
1. Once their FIRST screening is complete, please be sure to add your screened coaches to your Illinois team registration at https://registration.firstillinoisrobotics.org/> Coach Info tab > blue hyperlinked ADD button on the far right of the grey table banner.
2. The new coach must then ‘sign up’ on the Illinois registration system site to receive a system-generated email that will provide him/her with the opportunity to create a password. ⚠️ Be sure the coach signs up with the same email address you used to add them to the team.
3. Once their password is created, the new coach will be affiliated with the team and able to see the team information online.
Facebook: Search “FLL Illinois / FIRST Illinois Robotics” on https://www.facebook.com/FIRSTIllinoisRobotics/
E-mail us at email@example.com